News Last Updated:
- Newest "Sesame Street" Muppet has autism: Meet Julia: Click here.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed an interim guidance report. Complete information about Zika and how to prevent it is given at www.cdc.gov/zika and at www.cdc.gov/zika/comm-resources/toolkits.html.
- Publication - Parenting Matters identifies parenting knowledge, attitudes, and practices associated with positive developmental outcomes in ... Released: July 20, 2016. You can download this Publication here.
Linda Ray Intervention Center
"Brighter Tomorrows for Miami's At-Risk Children and Families"
The Linda Ray Intervention Center is a University-based Multidisciplinary Educational Service Center within the Department of Education’s Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System. Additionally, the LRIC is one of the five Early Intervention Birth-Two Programs in Miami within the state’s Early Steps program for young children with disabilities. The LRIC is part of the Department of Psychology within the College of Arts and Sciences. Our mission is to support and facilitate positive developmental outcomes with high quality services, thereby improving young children’s school readiness, and future student achievement.
Each year, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) conducts a survey designed to assess how well Florida’s schools are partnering with parents and promoting parent involvement in their child's education. For more information on the survey, please visit the ESE Parent Survey page. The ESE Parent Survey 2015-16 is open from February 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016 to all parents of students who have a disability and attend public schools. To access the survey please click here.
In the Spotlight
Mike Krzyzewski (also known as "Coach K") is among the greatest coaches in basketball history having led the Blue Devils to five national championships during his 35 years at Duke. On the court, Coach K is a legend. Off the court, he is an advocate for the early childhood years. This piece from Coach K draws a clear metaphor between the game he knows and loves... and the early childhood years. You'll enjoy reading.
- Children Learn to Safely Cross the Street in UM’s WalkSafe Program Event at FDLRS-UM
- FDOE Releases - New Online Tools To Empower and Inform Florida Families
- FDLRS Proudly Announces PDA Statewide Online Courses Beginning January, 2017
- Buzz Memo (BEESS Weekly)
- Special Ed Connection flyer
- My Florida Family
- Mental Health in Schools (NPR)
- Professional Development Alternatives: Online Modules
Additional Support comes from the following programs
- The Children's Trust
- Centers for disease control and prevention
- Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe